VP Sales, Experiential Marketing
Position Title: VP Sales, Experiential Marketing
Accounts: Healthcare, Technology, Insurance
Location: Los Angeles or based on potential hire’s location
Southport Marketing is a full-service experiential marketing and promotions firm that is currently seeking a VP Sales, Experiential Marketing with 7-10 years of event marketing sales experience to grow our expanding business needs. We are looking for a seasoned sales executive with specific experience in selling experiential marketing opportunities and event services with existing relationships in the healthcare, technology, or insurance categories.
The ideal candidate is someone who has a positive attitude, familiarity in the event marketing and experiential business, and believes in the team concept. Opportunity to work in an environment where individuals are given the room to grow and work independently, while being part of a great team that supports each other.
- Sales efforts to build growth in three categories: healthcare, technology, and insurance.
- Ability to work from home or an office setting while working with staff based in other locations.
- Research new client opportunities and asses their partnership with Southport Marketing.
- Create and manage project proposals and budgets based on client needs.
- Ability to consult and present program concepts to clients.
- Work with Southport team to develop strategic and creative event solutions and promotions.
- Create, develop, and write proposals for prospective clients.
- New business prospecting.
- Preferred sales experience in the event and promotions business.
- Preferred experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Sales experience and existing relationships with Healthcare, Technology, or Insurance industries.
- Minimum of 7-10 years agency/client sales experience.
- Bachelors’ Degree in related field or related experience.
- Solid understanding of advertising and new media.
- Excellent project management and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Attention to detail and flexibility.
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects at one time.
- Experience in Social Media, Digital and Internet Marketing a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Travel and weekend work may be necessary.
- Valid U.S. Drivers’ License and clean driving record.
Southport Marketing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and reserves the right to assign other responsibilities as deemed necessary.
Resumes and cover letters should be sent to email@example.com