Alaska Airlines debuted its first retrofitted Airbus through a custom built, private media event located at the Alaska terminal of the San Francisco airport.
Guests were then taken on the first flight of the retrofitted Airbus, which was used to further highlight a series of enhancements made to the Alaska Airlines product over the year including mood lighting, a fresh, West Coast inspired menu, satellite Wi-Fi, new lounge program and more. This event successfully created an experience for Bay Area guests and media, that brought together Alaska’s new offerings and showcased how Alaska Airlines was “next leveling” their product.
- Alaska Airlines
- San Francisco, California
The event created several areas where guests could experience the new Airbus enhancements first-hand:
- Lounge Zone: Guests received a preview of the new Alaska Lounges while receiving a Starbucks beverage from the custom built coffee bar
- On-Board Food Zone: A sampling of Alaska’s new West Coast inspired menu was provided for guests to enjoy
- Tech Zone: New seat backs were displayed, where guests checked out the new tablet holder with iPads to view Alaska’s In Flight Entertainment offerings and Wi-Fi services
- Touch Zone: Selections from Alaska’s new uniform line up, created by Seattle designer Luly Yang, were showcased, along with a deconstructed Recaro airplane seat